Ms Julie Hong (OIC)
Mdm Joyce Kang
Ms Geraldine Lim
CCA Day and Time
2.15 p.m. to 4.15 p.m.
Queenstown Primary Scrabble Club opens students’ eyes to a world of words that they never knew existed.
By playing Scrabble, students will acquire various life skills and build character:
1. With the game tiles drawn, members develop decision making skills in strategically forming words that would allow them to obtain the best scores and increase their chances of expanding their moves.
2. They learn new tactics and knowledge of play that allow them to think critically when making their moves against their opponents.
3. Members also learn to develop a bird eye’s view of the scoreboard in order to visualize possibilities to pre-empt their opponents and increase their advantage at play.
4. Members will develop resilience and a positive growth mindset when they encounter an opponent who is more skilled than them.
5. A loss in a game allows them to reflect on where they went wrong during play and how they could improve and move on. This will build their confidence in mastering better strategies and a wider repertoire of words they can use in their future games. It cultivates in them the habit of reviewing, renewing and making continuous improvement.
Platforms Available for members
Members have the opportunity to participate in inter-school and national Scrabble competitions that are held annually.
17th Inter-school National Scrabble Championship 2018
Senior teams clinched 3rd position in the Cup category and 2nd position in the Bowl category.
Junior team clinched 1st position in the Bowl category